View Single Post
Old
11-21-2003, 08:48 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I really think you overrate the value of Roman Hamrlik.

If you're saying the Islanders are better off keeping Hammer right now than one of those three, then you're absolutely right. If you take into account that Hamrlik is an RFA with arbitration rights at the end of the season, the Islanders already having #1, #2 and #3 defensemen without Hammer *and* that all three of those young, inept Blackhawks you mention will be solid second line forwards, then I can't see why that is so far off.

Hamrlik is easily the best player involved, but until this "guaranteed" extension he has gets signed(and you were the one who guaranteed it), then his value remains lower.

Kyle Calder or Mark Bell and a 2nd round pick for Hamrlik is not far off.

Aucoinis a rfa.a good defensemen,but the isles have made no move to sign him to an extension.a good indication the nyi don't want to lockup him a lot of $ on Aucoin.

Jonsson's signed 1 yr beyond this one,has made comments about wanting to play home on Sweden.KJ cannot be looked upon as a longterm answer on the blueline.

24 yr old Asham had 15 goals last yr.Just a few less then Arnason and more then Bell's average.

Calder's on pace for a career high 24 goals.Hunter's on pace for 32 goals.

toss in kids like Weinhandl,Bergenheim,Mapletoft,Papineau and I don't see the need to move a 29 yr old,4x all-star dman to add a couple of 23-24 yr old young forwards.

and while Hamrlik's extension is not guaranteed,he's pushing hard enough for it and the isles reluctance to move him,have me hoping both sides are giving a little bit and an extensions not far off.