View Single Post
Old
04-21-2012, 10:58 PM
lsx

vCash: 500
My ideal situation:

Out the door
Marleau gone, IMO his lack of effort is a cancer on the team. Ideal return would be a speedy winger with finishing ability...basically a Marleau 2.0 with less streakiness and more heart. To see this guy with so much pure talent and skill play the way he does is just infuriating.

Mclellan, Shaw, Woodcroft gone.

Niemi gone, bring up Stalock and run a pairing like the Blues did with Stalock/Greiss

Stay in SJ
Keep Clowe despite his down year, physicality is low on this team, and when he's on his game he's a board battle master.

Pavs and Couture slumped at the end of the season, that's not a reason to dump them.

Murray...rock out hard with a skating coach and see how he does next season.

Winchester - I actually like his game, disappointed he wasn't used more - keep him.

Winnik - resign to at least save a little face on that mcginn trade

Handzeus - gone
White - gone
Moore - undecided

I think we obviously know that Marleau isn't going anywhere...doesn't mean I can't wish it.

Havlat - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau 2.0 - Couture - Clowe
Desjardins - Winnik - Galiardi
Winchester - Wingels - Mitchell

Boyle - Vlasic
Burns - Stuart
Braun - Murray
Demers

Greiss/Stalock

With some good coaching I think that's a solid lineup.

I should add on edit that my philosophy behind this lineup is that coaching and goaltending were the major issues this season, the majority of the pieces will work if managed properly, and shaking up the team too much at this point will do more harm than good - let this group work together a little more.

Last edited by lsx: 04-21-2012 at 11:06 PM.