Thread: TBN: Leino article
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Leino: Season was a battle:
Quote:
"It took me a really long time to get used to all the stuff," Leino said. "Sometimes the flow in our game wasn't the way that it should be. We didn't get the puck. Our defense didn't get the pucks to forwards. We didn't make enough plays. We didn't have the puck enough. The flow of the game, it wasn't quite there.

"Sometimes when you go out there and play, it's easy. It's just hockey. You go. But sometimes this season I felt like it was a different game. I wasn't feeling comfortable. I wasn't feeling like I was just playing hockey. Sometimes I had to think too much or it just was not coming naturally."
Quote:
"I'm sure that was a big part of the process," Leino said. "It still changed at the end [with a move back to the middle], but I was just more comfortable with all the changes and didn't really care that much anymore. I just wanted to play."
Quote:
"Hopefully, I can see myself out there somewhere in the lineup, maybe try to find a better spot for me," Leino said. "Hopefully, I can play some power play and get some points. I think I've just got to come back and start making those plays and play my game right away and start feeling comfortable."
Quote:
"There was a lot of pieces that were kind of out of place," Leino said. "Also, they've got to work with what they were given. We have a lot of good players and we're a good team, which we proved at the end. We just didn't get that chemistry and all that right away at the start, and it was probably too late.

"Coaches do most of the work, and obviously players want to be better, too. I think we've just got to get more out of everybody, which we did at the end. It doesn't matter who plays if you don't get their talents out. You've got to try to use everybody with what they're best at."
Quote:
"About halfway, I started feeling better," Leino said. "At the end, I started feeling pretty good, but it was a really tough season. I don't know what it was [that changed]. I can't really tell that. I started feeling comfortable on the ice, making plays and stuff like that. I don't know what exactly is behind that, but I just felt better.

"There was a lot of things that I need to do better next year."

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote