View Single Post
Old
11-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazee
IMO, diving is merely a symptom of the real problem. The real problem is that the game is currently officiated in a way that favors the unskilled players and penalizes the skilled players.
I agree. It's geared to allow mediocrity thrive out of some skewed notion of fair play. Skilled players are punished because of the implication that their level of play is unfair to everyone else, which is stupid.

Quote:
I am in favor of calling the game by the rules…and that includes diving. However, when I watch a game…and I watch many…I see at least a dozen uncalled obstruction violations for each uncalled dive.
I'm obviously in favor of that, too. How do you propose we go about it? The current system is either unwilling or unable to accomodate the shift in philosophy.

Quote:
I guess that is why I don’t get upset about diving. If the games slugs are allowed to mug the players that are worth paying $100 to watch, why shouldn’t the skilled players be allowed to dive?
Seen from that perspective I can't disagree, but then why wouldn't you get upset at the larger reasons behind it?