View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Zine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
For those saying Kevin Dallman is the best, remember the reason he is in Russia is that the LA Kings didn't think he was good enough to play in the NHL. I haven't seen him play since he went to Russia, but I remember him with the Kings and I wasn't too sad to see him leave instead of spending another year in Manchester. Not a knock against the KHL, but Dallman is akin to the MLBer who goes to Japan and is dominant. He has some talent but isn't one of the potential NHL stars in the league.

I realize that this thread is largely aimed at Europe, but are there Canadian Hockey League/NCAA/AHL players who'd make this list over the Europeans? I'm not trying to spark a Europe vs. North America battle, I am asking this legitimately.

Last time I saw the handle "best player outside of NHL" it was attributed to current Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby. So I have no idea who would even make this list, but I'm fairly certain it is not Kevin Dallman.
Not likely. There are ex-NHLers in Europe who could still be in the NHL if the asking price was right. Players in AHL simply aren't good enough to crack an NHL lineup.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote