View Single Post
Old
11-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Asiaoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
His knee seems to be holding up well.

Good luck with Isbister and his contract.

I have to say that I'm a bit surprised that he didn't pan out. I really thought he would emerge as a solid 25 goal second line winger. Maybe he still will.
Izzy was very good in the pre-season (mostly on our top line) but got a very nasty facial cut courtesy of a Calgary high stick in our last pre-season game. That cost him a couple of games on the side-lines and then he was understandably a bit tentative for a few more until he was healed. He just got back into his game and was hitting/scoring very nicely when he got absolutely levelled by a Chara hit a couple of weeks ago in Ottawa. That resulted in whip-lash and a bone chip in his neck. He got back from that 2 games ago and is just rounding back into form again.

Bad luck early this year - but if the guy can stay healthy and get back into the groove again he'll be fine. I'm quite happy to have him as he bring a lot of much needed size to our roster.

PS - I feel your pain for some of those Niinimaa offers from the Blues's fans. Those are ridiculous for an elite dman like Niinimaa - especially when he cost you Torres and Izzy.