View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 02:13 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
Its not a "what have you done for me lately" mentality, it's a "move in a new direction" mentality. Now, Im not saying they should trade him just for the sake of getting rid of him, but if a deal is right, he absolutely needs to be moved. He should not have the untouchable status. The team needs to get faster to keep up with today's NHL and moving Pavelski might bring back some pieces that could actually improve the team. If not now, then definitely in the future.
I agree about moving in another direction, but I don't want to see him go. Yeah he had a terrible series, but other than Thornton, who had a decent series. I see Pavelski has kind of that experienced veteran you can possibly build a team around. When he's right, he can score goals and is pretty fast out there. If you're going to fully rebuild, don't you want a few veterans as a bit of a changing of the guard?

I still think too that the Sharks can win with a core of this group. Maybe not everyone, but you can't let everyone on the team either.