View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 03:22 AM
Lebanezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
But Colorado wouldn't. They need a Vlasic-type LHD for EJ. (In reality, Vlasic is exactly what they need).

Demers has higher upside than Braun. I wouldn't trade him unless he was traded for a forward of equal or greater upside. For example, I think Clowe+Demers would be a good start on a package for JVR.
Hmmm, well maybe Colorado would like Clowe and our 1st from this year instead. Maybe with a dman prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Dubi's cap hit is high, that's true. But he's young and multi-dimensional and IMHO worth it. Rangers fans I talk too won't trade him unless it's for an upgrade, and they consider Clowe an upgrade. Rangers could also use a steady bottom-pairing defenseman, so I think they'd be willing to add.

I'd definitely low-ball for Passjarvi, but no way in hell the Oil accept a late second. He's progressing very slowly, but his potential alone is worth more than a late second.
I'd take Paajarvi but only if we already had a full top 6. I think it would be nice to have someone with speed like that on the 3rd line, and that would open up options for 3 scoring lines. In terms of a better offer, I mean, maybe the 2nd and a goalie prospect? I don't want to go nuts for that guy since he's developing so slowly.