Thread: John Scott
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 05:42 AM
Jxmarts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Interesting stat: Since Boogaard was listed at 6'7 as a Ranger, John Scott is the tallest Ranger ever.
Steve McKenna was 6'8" - no balance at all, but he was tall. Chris MacAllister was up there too. The minor league goalie, Jason Missiaen is 6'8", and Mitch Fritz, also 6'8", played a few games for the Wolfpack a few years ago.

I know I'm in the minority, but I would've dressed Scott in lieu of any number of players. The Sens set the tone physically when they went after Boyle, and and it would have given the Rangers a psychological lift to see Neil, Carkner & Co either have to stand up or back down to Scott, if just for a few shifts. Rupp has just been too passive in that role. Even Sean Avery could have served a disruptive purpose in this series, in a different way.

The Rangers are simply not talented enough to give up the physical edge in a playoff series. They had it all throughout the regular season, and it was a subtle but important reason for their success. It helped them play with more confidence, and it put their opponents on their heels. But the Sens stepped it up in the playoffs, and the Rangers have been the ones playing on their heels.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote