View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 06:18 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I have always wondered how you became a Preds fan in Idaho, now Tawain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
For real? Then how did you become a Preds fan?
Long story short: Got into hockey around 97 or so, great friend of mine from Detroit bought me a Konstantinov jersey for my birthday. Became a Wings fan from that point however didn't really feel a connection to the team despite liking them. That and didn't really like being a fan of a huge team like that, in every other sport all my teams are underdogs (Mariners, Chiefs, Sonics () ) so when Nashville got the team I said to my self "I like Poile, I like the team name, I'll follow them from day one."

From that point on for several years I guess I was a Predwing, but fully switched over the year the Preds first made the playoffs and I've never looked back.

Bought a Vokoun jersey (pics are still on here from years ago in some thread...) and even after moving to Taiwan still used HFboards to stay in contact with ya'll and keep some contact with my homeland vicariously.

And well, considering how many cocky Canadians I've met here in Taiwan who are of the type that think there are no fans in Nashville and that they don't deserve a team, I don't put up with that crap and do my best to set 'em straight, and at the end if they still want to think that I just walk away.

Still holding out some day, some how, I'll not only be able to visit Tennessee but see a Predators game to boot. Icing on the cake would be to meet some of ya'll in person.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote