View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

vCash: 500
Before I comment on a few things regarding what was said above, I have done a little bit of digging and there is a VERY good possibility we could add two top 6 forwards for next season. The Colts are trying to convince Kevin Labanc to leave the NTDP and join the team for next season. Labanc is one of the top kids for the age group in the US and would be a huge coup. The other forward is devin shore, easily the best junior-aged player playing in Ontario, but not in the O this year. Now, devin does have full intentions of heading to Maine, but there are quite a few NHL teams that have indicated that should they draft shore, they want him in the O with Barrie and Devin is aware of this and seems fine with it.

Also, Mathias Niederberger will be back, look for him to be the 4th OA. we will start the year with 4 and then I would expect him to be dealt to make way for Fotinos. I think he will be more of an insurance policy at that point.

Now with what was asked above by the Devster.

This team COULD be better....They SHOULD be better. A dominant, 20 goal scoring ekblad....a big time puck moving D in yuill are ready for bigger roles. Makes the d very impressive.

The forward group looks like it will be just fine with the way Mac and Brads stepped up, but I also, personally, expect one or both of the guys I mentioned here in sept and they will help with any other needs, not to mention ray huether who could be an instant 30 goal guy. Line combos will be interesting.

If both Pearson and Scheifele return, and we get those two kids I mentioned above, we will be better and could/should make a Memorial Cup run this upcoming season.

I also want to highlight a few kids that I briefly mentioned earlier and then put in the lineup:

Nick santoro is an elite, big potential forward. Played prep school this year in the New england area. I talked to him this past week, he will be at the rookie camp and wants to make this team, badly.

Cooper Richards had a HUGE year last year in Junior A with the Burlington Cougars....put up impressive points as a rookie on the back end with 14 and then exploded for 40 this year as a sophomore and showed that he could run the PP...he could be a fantastic offensive addition to this team's backend, especially if garcia isn't ready to make the jump. richards is the classic late bloomer and should be in the O next year...he is ready if u asked me. Being a 94 it is probably his last chance...

Last edited by Racer14: 04-22-2012 at 07:29 AM.