View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 10:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Again... look at the circumstances of the trade. PG was interested in expediency and was desperate to make the playoffs and save his job. Making this trade 24 hours after Cammy's comments is so blatantly obvious. What more evidence do you need?

So go ahead, continue to grasp at straws and tell us that this was the best we could get.

Yeah, if only PG had kept his job eh Marble? Gosh it sure was surprising that he got canned. What a shock.
I never once said this was the best we could get. I stated that I think you overlook the fact that players that get 7M a year can be difficult to move because not many teams take on 7M a year players with a 6M cap hit. Could PG have gotten more? There's no way anyone could know since trade value is whatever any of the 29 GM's are willing to pay. For me I was happy with the return as I expected us to have to take on a worse contract and for that we got what could be a very good pick and a interesting prospect. Since we stink I have no problem taking on worse contracts if we can get picks and prospects to rebuild the farm.

I was never a PG fan and shuddered when I heard he was taking over. Thankfully it's over and he's gone now we can move on and focus on what we have and how to fix the mess we are in.

For me personally though, it got to the point that I couldn't stand watching Cammy play, so I'm very glad he was moved, and now I'm glad PG is gone.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote