View Single Post
Old
11-21-2003, 10:25 AM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
1. That's on the assumption that, under the new CBA Demitra will still be a restricted free agent. I don't think he will be restricted post-CBA.

2. For what it's worth, I don't really have interest in trading Demitra (yet) or acquiring Niinimaa. I just think that fans see one of their player's names in a trade proposal and tend to (at times, wildly) overvalue him. Just trying to provide some perspective. (I remember Yushkevich was thought to be worth between a sole 2nd and a sole 4th last season prior to the trade deadline, and IIRC he went for a 7th and people were shocked he didn't at least bring back a 3rd.)

All of that being said.....the more I look at this the more I think either it's a slow news day, or someone missed half the conversation and made up the other half to cover his tail when questioned later.
IB, I tried to PM you an apology for being a bit confrontational back there and I think I sent it to my least favorite poster instead (who remains nameless here). But, in general, I think a lot of your posts are sensible.

I think it is sad that it has come down to this for a lot of teams. $ have emerged as such a major issue, that the trade situation is very unpredictable.