View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Sivek

vCash: 500
So who else is on board for not just bringing in a competent back-up but instead either trading Fleury or acquiring a a guy like Bernier/Harding/other young guy looking for a shot or even possbily Halak (Elliot has been lights out this post-season in addition to his crazy regular season, would love to have Halak)

I literally can't take MAF anymore. If Pens would have lost game 7 in Detroit, MAF would be gone from this team after the Montreal debacle. I would be extremely disappointed if MAF is the clear-cut number 1 next season. If put in a job-sharing situation, I have little doubt that he would crumble due to the pressure of having to play for his job, plus his co-goalie would put up better numbers.

Watch some other playoff series, Henrik, Anderson, Schenider, Smith, Quick, Holtby, Elliot and Rinne and so on get hung out to dry and make huge saves, let alone let the bumble**** goals MAF puts in the net on his own. Ilya Bryzgalov is clearly outplaying him, says it all. If MAF was never a 1st overall pick, he would have never gotten the long leash he has. It's not all the defense's fault. I'm afraid that a decade from now, Pens fans are going to look back at the Geno & Sid era and wondered how much better it could have been with a good goalie.

Last edited by Sivek: 04-22-2012 at 12:56 PM.