View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Sideline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
So here's the thing.. I don't see Bylsma going anywhere. Shero comes from the Nashville/Ottawa school, where they stuck with Trotz and Jacques Martin through practically everything. In addition to that, I don't see any better coaching candidates than Bylsma out there. But perhaps they can shake up the team, improve the defense AND the special teams by dumping Reirden for a guy like Paul Maurice or (if CBus doesn't retain him) Todd Richards.

Martin has to go. That's it. For a late pick, a measly prospect or just future considerations. He's gone.

I don't think it'll be difficult to lure a goaltending free agent here, as long as it's made clear to them that playing time will be earned and Fleury won't be handed anything.
Not that I disagree, but Orpik and Michalek were just as bad.

At this point I think it makes sense to look at moving all three of them. Despres and Strait were no worse (I would argue Strait was actually better). With Morrow, Harrington, and Bortuzzo all pushing for jobs behind them you're looking at $10-11 million in savings for a defense that will at least be the same quality we saw this year.