Thread: News Article: Sabres' Regier preaches patience
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 03:16 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

vCash: 500
In response to Babcocks Detroit comments, Detroit views itself as a yearly Cup contender, so squeaking in, and going a round or two for a few years straight is unacceptable and deserves a real answer as to why. He views it as a depth issue, years past they brought in a gy like Hossa to give them a push, they haven't lately.

As a comparison to Buffalo, it seems our benchmark is still the playoffs. Very different. We are not a 'tweak' away but a realistic GM, new coach/system and 4-5 players, not even in the same conversation of the Detroits. Plus, if you watched any of the Philly/Pitts series, WOW, we just are not even in their league. Not physically, not skill level, really only goalie is as good as those two teams. I really hope the guys that really make the decisions for the Sabres realize that 4-5 guys need to go and it really is a start over scenario. I think I'd be most happy with a trade up for top 1-3 pick to groom 3 awesome centers for the long haul. Add to a core of top pick, 63, 19, 57, 82 and 81. 9, 26, 29, etc have had their turn, just move on, get what you can get for them. I'd rather acknowledge a future plan than be mediocre for 2-4 more seasons.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote