Old
04-22-2012, 08:33 PM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Maybe that Slovenia's U20 league sucks?

Also, does anyone think that Arturs Gavrus will be drafted? Could he be the next Grabovski? I've never seen him play and would love to hear about what he brings to the table.
Gavrus absolutely should be drafted. He's had issues with concussions this year (as well as minor wrist surgery), and the size issue works against him, but in terms of pure talent and hockey sense a team is unlikely to find a smarter offensive player outside of the first round. He has a real knack for going to goal scoring areas and has hands worthy of a first rounder. If only he was physically up to par, and didn't have the health issues. Had he not missed so much time due to injury, likely would have finished 2nd in OHL rookie scoring behind Faksa (he was 2nd at the time of the Domi hit).

Struggled down the stretch for Owen Sound but out of our incredible crop of 94 players he easily has the most raw talent.

Here's a video of his two goal game against Brampton, among his first games after the first concussion and wrist surgery:

I expect him to be drafted in the Top 100, unless teams are that scared of his head. As for NHL potential? In terms of skill level and work ethic, the guy has what it takes, but he'll be fighting an uphill battle for sure. He's a Top 6 or bust kind of prospect. Not to mention, he was drafted high in the KHL draft, and if North American pro doesn't work out I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Europe, where his game is probably a lot more suited.

Also for a more recent update, was injured again in the playoffs but still played U18 Div 1 B, four points in five games, although a lot less than his 10 points last year. Still encouraging that he's back playing.

PensFan101 is online now   Reply With Quote