View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 07:59 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So would you say Blum is the better prospect since he beat Josi to the NHL? That's the logic you're using. Whoever gets to the bigs first is better? Also, I wasn't comparing Landeskog to anyone, I was just stating draft year should have no bearing in the discussion, it's really moot at the end of the day.

You also said, right now, Bourque is the better prospect, yes, he is because he's making a difference and playing well but that does not mean he is the better long term prospect. It just means he's better now. Plenty of guys were good the first time around the league, Blum included and look where he ended up, in Milwaukee.
That is why i have been saying anything can change, but as of right now Bourque is the better prospect (i guess not anymore according to games played) and he should be ranked higher. Blum got sent down for a reason, terrible play, but Josi has stayed up for a reason, great play, ala bourque.. Josi is better than Blum right now, anything can change, like i said earlier and will continue to say. But to me a huge factor in deciding which prospect is better has to include progression and bourque has them both beat. Yeah some power forwards take longer to develop (budish) but that can be said about every position. Why do you think these ratings change every year and even every month? Because its hard to predict what will happen, aka blum (these boards last playoffs wouldve never guessed he would be in MIL now) Im just saying i think bourques style of play is what makes him a sure stick in the NHL compared to someone like beck who reminds me of o'reilly.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote