View Single Post
Old
04-22-2012, 08:14 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
That is why i have been saying anything can change, but as of right now Bourque is the better prospect (i guess not anymore according to games played) and he should be ranked higher. Blum got sent down for a reason, terrible play, but Josi has stayed up for a reason, great play, ala bourque.. Josi is better than Blum right now, anything can change, like i said earlier and will continue to say. But to me a huge factor in deciding which prospect is better has to include progression and bourque has them both beat. Yeah some power forwards take longer to develop (budish) but that can be said about every position. Why do you think these ratings change every year and even every month? Because its hard to predict what will happen, aka blum (these boards last playoffs wouldve never guessed he would be in MIL now) Im just saying i think bourques style of play is what makes him a sure stick in the NHL compared to someone like beck who reminds me of o'reilly.
LOL. That last line made me laugh. Have you seen Beck play in camp? He is nothing like O'Reilly at all. O'Reilly was a playmaker and Beck is a shooter. He probably shoots more than anyone I've ever seen at camp. Give him the puck in the offensive zone and he's shooting.

You never answered my question though, according to what you've said, since a guy, Blum, makes it to the NHL first, he is a better prospect/player than someone who is with the team right now, Josi. That is what you were saying about Bourque since he made it to the NHL ahead of Beck and Budish. So does that make Josi better or worse than Blum at this point?

Like I've said all along, ratings are based on now AND the future. While Bourque is doing a great job right now, I'd like to revisit this conversation 5 and 10 years down the line.

Best part of this discussion is that we're talking about good players.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote