Old
04-22-2012, 09:52 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I disagree. if Pronger cannot play again, I think there's little chance that anyone else but G would be the organizations first choice. That said, i think they would sit him down and ask him what he thinks about it before doing so. I don't think they want what happened to Richie to happen to G, but G seems to flourish in the spotlight as opposed to richie, who seemed to be annoyed by the spotlight. So, i don't think i'd be too worried about that.
I don't know, I feel like that would almost be disrespecting Timonen. I thought he would be named captain for sure before Richards was. Then I thought there was a shot he'd get it when Richards was dealt, but Pronger was clearly the right choice there. This is not a shot at Giroux at all, and I don't doubt his leadership abilities, but from an outsider's view (meaning not in the Flyers locker room on a daily basis) it looks like Timonen is the leader of the team and has been since Pronger went down. Giving it to Timonen in what very well could be his last year in Philly (or the NHL) would be a nice setup leading in to Giroux getting the C when Timonen leaves. I don't think Giroux not getting the C would have a negative impact on him or the team and Timonen seems like he is already a pretty great leader. But again, like I said, I am not in that locker room so if Giroux really is the leader in there then get out your sewing machine, Lavy, and give him that C.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote