View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 12:15 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
The difference between Nash and Luongo is that Luongo is considered "damaged", so there may not be many teams in the league willing to take a chance on him. He is an amazing regular season goalie and it would be a very significant upgrade compared to the cast of rotating nobodies Columbus has now. It's not too much of a stretch to think that if he gets traded to the Jackets, the Jackets are a playoff team in a rather short time as long as they can assemble a competent group in front of him.

And once he gets the the playoffs, he may finally find his groove because no one would expect Columbus to get past the first round, or even win many games. There would be very little pressure for Luongo in such a situation and that could be exactly what he might want after being benched for games 3, 4, and 5 of this series, and being the goat that's taken the blame for Vancouvers last couple of postseason failures.
Columbus's finances might prohibit Luongo's contract. I guess that $10MM year is already paid for, but I don't know if Columbus can handle a contract that pays more than the cap hit.

More likely, a team like Tampa might be willing to make a play for him. Or maybe the Islanders could package some quality with DiPiet...oh god, I almost typed that all out without laughing.