View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 04:02 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Lombardi has been keeping his eye on Parise for a while, especially since Kovalchuk. I am assuming that is who you are hinting at. In the end, it will matter on the free agent. I certainly think that LA can attract the interest in people interested in contending and they have a good location to show off, but ultimately it will matter on the individual you are trying to lure. Like Brad Richards, some players just want to stay east, because of travel, family, location, whatever. More kids, especially from a veteran era, grow up in the east, idolizing eastern teams etc... I have a strong feeling Parise is going to be another player, no matter what we offer, who is just going to prefer staying in the east coast.

Suter might be a whole different story though... He was my darkhorse pick for LA, because Lombardi is infamously known for preferring defense to a fault, and I have a feeling he may do something to give Doughty a better partner.

Either way, it can't hurt... They probably did increase their free agent appeal, but not all that much, especially to those who already disregard the west coast as most do.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote