View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
For the most part, people would agree that Tinordi was by most accounts terrible last year (not this one that just ended). So for Dryden to insuate Tinordi is a terrible player, is just sharing what many people already acknowledge to a degree.

Hall Gill has also been a somewhat terrible player his entire career. Again, its about metrics and comparing apples apples. Gill has been known as a pylon for most of his career, he just fine tuned his shut down and leadership abilities in his last couple of years.

But compared to the other dman in the league, terrible would be a good adjective. Just like O'Byrne was terrible most of the time he was in Montreal.
People have to come to terms with what Tinordi will likely be which is a bottom 4 defenseman with a physical side and limited offensive output. Im excited about him because despite a limited ceiling, he embodies exactly what this franchise needs in order to succeed down the road. Realisticly i do agree he is 2-3 years away, but based on needs and what happens this summee i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a taste of the show. Not saying its the best path for his development, because i dont think it is. But there is no denying the need for a defenseman in his mold and management might be tempted to try him depending how things unfold.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote