View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Zine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
I doubt you will respond, but please list the KHL awards that your picks for the best player have received.

Who'd I pick? Vehanen and Cervenka? Both havent played in the KHL as long as Dallman...but Vehanen has a goalie of the year and already matches Dallman in players of the month. Cervenka will likely win the playoff MVP (knock on wood). Then there's other guys like Nikulin, Mozyakin, Zaripov, etc. who I also like and have won more hardware. 1st all-star, playoff MVP, for Nikulin; Zaripov has an league MVP and a first team, 2 1st teams for Mozyakin and all of them have won numerous players/month. Then there's younger guys like Shipachev/Tarasenko/Kuznetsov who are just starting out.

AND IMPORTANTLY these are guys who've performed come playoff time. Dallman's play drops....not exactly a good characteristic for a 'best player' to have.

Everything aside, Dallman is a super player. I'd say he's the KHL equivalent of Mike Green.....someone who sees the ice well, can run a PP and rack-up points; but also really questionable in his own zone and takes a nose dive in the playoffs.

But all in all the KHL is (was) extremely lucky and fortunate to have him.

Last edited by Zine: 04-23-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Zine is offline   Reply With Quote