View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewbies View Post
Game yesterday was pretty sleepy. Barons were not passing well at all, lots of confusion. They defended well and won the territory battle pretty easily, still should have had a couple despite the poor puck movement. I rarely use the term "lucky" when talking about sports but Houston was pretty lucky to get the shutout.

Pitlick didn't do much, Paajarvi was totally invisible all night except for badly flubbing one great chance. Harski worked hard but didn't generate much. Tyrvainen had a decent game except for one dumb penalty, Lander didn't do much. Green and Keller created most of the offense along with the defensemen. Tremblay had an effective game, he's become a lot more physical the last few months and he's adding a nice element. Plante had a very nice night on defense. Danis got his award for best AHL goalie before the game and had a nice night, not a lot of work but he was good when he needed to be.

The one goal was a pretty bad breakdown: breakaway that Danis stoned, puck went around the cage then bounced out to a guy at the top of the circle who buried it. I think it was the right winger's guy (I don't remember what line was on the ice at the time), or one of the defensemen should have turned to make a challenge. Houston had maybe two more decent chances, both were off a counterattack.
Thanks, I know that Paajarvi was hurt in game 2, but you'd sure like to see him take one of these games by the throat and send Houston home. How would you compare his regular season play (say his last 10 games) to his play in the postseason so far?