View Single Post
Old
11-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzin
I was, and still am in shock that no one picked him up last year while on waivers. I would have given him a chance no matter who my goalies were. I can't believe I'm saying this about a hab...ugh...i feel dirty
Well I'm pretty glad nobody took a chance on him at that time. Some journalists in Montreal advanced the theory that Savard had an unofficial agreement with the other teams to let him clear waivers so he could play in the AHL the time Hackett was shoped around but I don't buy it. He would have phoned 29 teams? Get serious...

The only truth here is that Andre Savard, at the time GM of the organization, screwed up badly by putting Garon on waivers to protect soon to be UFA Jeff Hackett who in the end brought back an other spare part in Niklas Sundstrom. I still don't know by what kind of holly miracle he cleared, but if he had been picked up, I think some fans would probably have killed Savard considering how well Garon's doing right now and what kind of promising career lies ahead of him. I'm so glad he's not the GM anymore.