View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 02:28 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Guys just digging around RWC looking at their old ratings and I saw this article about Franzen from the 05-06 season.

"Franzen is extremely strong and mobile, and his No. 1 priority is in the defensive zone. The 6-foot-2, 207-pound center plays a conservative game and — although not a bruiser — isn’t shy about getting involved physically. When he does get involved in the offensive attack, he’s a capable playmaker and scorer. Mature and very close to stepping into the NHL, Franzen has the physical tools and smarts to become a solid role player in the future."

Having been fairly young back I don't remember hearing much about Franzen's offensive potential. Was this a case of people getting the wrong read on him, or did the wings always know about his untapped potential?
That's not so strange. He was what, 25, 26 yo when joining the wings and wasn't even a big scorer in the SEL. To think that he's had this good offensive output and won a cup being a main contributor is remarkable.

Franzen had major confidence issues early in his career aswell that held him back. He's said that he didn't want to score because he didn't want to draw attention.. that's wacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
So I was just reading up on the WHC and saw that Zetterberg, Ericsson, Jarnkrok and Nyquist will all be playing. That's pretty awesome hopefully Jarnkrok and Nyquist spark some chemistry, eh?
Nyquist isn't on the team, at least not yet. And Jarnkrok is on the pre-tournament team, final roster won't be completed for another week. Franzen will play, too.