View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I think it would be absurd to trade Boyle. The only way I'd consider it would be if a younger alternative was coming back, IE a Suter or someone you can build around for the future.
They already have that d-man, Kirby. It's Brent Burns. He will be our #1 going forward and he is earning it with his play. He is already better than Boyle defensively and he is going to be better statistically offensively if he learns to get his shot on net with more consistency.

The way this team ended up and the issues that plague this team will require a lot of turnover, I feel. I just don't think that what is necessary to turn this team around and back into a Cup contending team can all be done in one off-season or even two.

That's why I'd move Vlasic and Boyle this off-season. I think it's a foregone conclusion that Murray is dealt in the off-season and Vandermeer/White are not retained. It will be a lot of turnover and they probably will be worse next year but they're not going to get any better now or in the future keeping Boyle and Vlasic.

I threw Vlasic in here because while he started the year progressing with his puck play and aggressiveness with getting involved offensively, he reverted back as the year went along. He will be unrestricted after next season and I just don't think the reverted Vlasic is the kind of defenseman we need going forward. This team needs to start becoming more of a transition team and Vlasic does not help that out very much.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote