View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
Too many of our players underperformed this year. We are seeing players perform better with other teams after they leave the Sharks. We are not seeing players perform better on the Sharks than they did with their previous teams. It's the coach not the GM.
I agree with the underperformed part for the Sharks but I don't agree with players performing better with other teams. Nichol was the same with St. Louis that he was here. He played better there in the playoffs than he did here but that wasn't because of the coach. Heater and Seto did not perform better in Minnesota. Ian White performed about the same in Detroit that he did here. 32 points for a full year there and he actually produced slightly above that clip in the time he played here. Huskins was producing more but only played 25 games in St. Louis this year. Mayers is performing equally. Wallin may be performing better in Sweden, I don't know. Wellwood is about the only guy I would say is definitely performing better but he also got a lot more time in Winnipeg than he did and would've gotten here. McGinn is getting that same treatment in Colorado. He sees more time there than he would get here.

There are certainly some coaching issues and I think unless the talent drastically improves in depth, the same issues likely factor in next season. So something has to happen here. Either they finally take the hint that the three line offense which includes speed is the best way to go or they can the coach and bring more aggressive defensive structure into the mix.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote