View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I agree, though I might even give Burns #1 PP minutes. The low-to-high pass on the PP is a pretty good strategy, but you need a quick and hard shot for it to be effective.
For your requirements to come true, Todd McLellan may have to go. With both Boyle and Todd McLellan, you'll see Boyle playing 30 minutes a night, paired with Vlasic, and out for the entire 2 minutes of the PP.
Boyle is still the best PPQB in the league (in my humble opinion). I wouldn't change that. What I would do is alter PP1 and PP2 to fit Boyle and Burns. PP1 with Boyle would have the skill passing guys, the Havlats and Thorntons, and then a shooter in Pavelski. PP2 would have garbage guys/net front presences like Marleau and Clowe, and a good passer in Couture, so Burns could just take bombs from the point.

I'm no PP expert, but to treat the PP the same with Boyle or Burns at the point is a mistake. They are different types of players, and the system should be altered accordingly.

OT, but the biggest thing Burns needs to work on is shot accuracy. If he could hit the net even 25% more of the time, he'd be even more of a force.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote