View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 04:08 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurrfint View Post
I understand your point but i am quite surprised that he never even got a game in the nhl. If the kings value him that high why wouldnt they even give him a single game in three seasons?

I think that bh feared that he would play in the ahl for another full season and be overlooked. And then when moller left for Skelleftea and he saw Joakim Lindstrom get a 1-way contract after a season there he probably saw an opening. Getting some extra money would also be a factor.
I think Bud was worried too much that he wouldn't get a shot this past season and that is why he left. In truth the team had told him that they had plans to bring him up during the season even if he didn't earn a spot out of camp. His offer from the SEL came with the stipulation that he be available asap and Bud left before he knew for certain what the Kings plans for him would be.

It was a calculated risk. One that the team wasn't happy with but understood and one that Bud has benefited from but has taken him from his goal of being in the NHL and on the Kings.

Bud hadn't received a call up due to his order in DL's ranking but that had changed between the season before and this past season. Bud was in a position where he couldn't wait for an answer and so he did what he felt would further his career most even though it really hasn't.

Either way, Bud is a part of the Kings plans as of today, how much so depends on Bud but the team hasn't soured on him or so they say.

My opinion is that BH has always been a valuable asset and a solid player (I wrote a review of him prior to his draft year) and players like him are important to any teams success. The Kings made him wait for his shot and he got antsy. It will all work out in the end.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote