View Single Post
Old
04-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
I was refering to McGinn and Nichol mostly.

I think Nichol played much better in the series against us than he did in any of last year's series.

There was a big void in our top 6 when Havlat was out. There were plenty of minutes on the 2nd line and PP #2 to give McGinn. So, I don't think that's a valid reason why McGinn played much better after he left the team.
Well, I wouldn't say McGinn performed any better. Avs are a more open team because they have speed we don't. McGinn did get a lot of PP time with Havlat out. Why he wasn't used more at even strength especially with Couture and Clowe begging for speed on their line, I don't know. However, on a quicker team like the Avs, the deficiencies that McGinn has like not being that good at holding onto pucks along the boards and puck play in general, can be covered up a lot better. It's not completely coach-based as it is talent-based.

As for Nichol, he's definitely better this year than last but this year is pretty much what Nichol was the year before in his first year as a Shark. Last year was just a struggle for him and it had nothing to do with the system or how he was used, at least to me.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote