View Single Post
Old
11-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
I still dont understand why so many people are down on Hainsey yet are so high on Komisarek. They are our future on the blueline along with Markov and Souray. You get rid of one of them and our D looks pathetically weak. Komisarek has the defensive ability and checking, while Hainsey has a wicked point shot, outlet pass and great skating. Thats a very nice top 4 in the future, if you subtract Hainsey, were stuck with AHLer Bouillon as our 4th defenseman.

Gainey hinted about Komisarek waiting in Hamilton when he does deserve a spot on the big club, so if a defenseman is moved within the next few weeks, I see it being Rivet, Brisebois or Quintal. One of these players will probably be added to a prospect in Hamilton or wherever in order to bring in some sort of scoring forward, most likely not a 25+ type of guy, but maybe a 15-20 player with size. Gainey also added we need scoring forwards with size in the article in the Gazette today. This is all still speculation and trying to read between the lines, but Gainey will start making his mark on this team shortly, and obviously a big winger who can score on occasion is what were missing.
im not down on Hainsey ...
I just think we can move him ...

I would prefer to see Rivet or Quintal to leave .. but it's very hard...
I just think that a gritty prospect or young player with good potential would be really appreciated ...