View Single Post
Old
04-24-2012, 10:05 AM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Any result other than advancing to the WCF is a disappointment to me. We are better in net, we are better 1-6 on defense, even with hillen or ellis, and we are better top to bottom as far as our forwards go. hell, our 5th line is better as well.

I think our style of play is much much different than chicago. we go to the net. we are bigger. we are faster. we have more skill. not to sound like one of the elitist types I hate, but I flat out think we are better than them in all areas.

I think they have an emotional letdown in game 1, they win game 2, we hold serve in 3 and 4, give them a feel good game in game 5 and close them out here in game 6.
They remind me a lot of us last year. As a whole, a very good team. They have a couple of dmen that can really move the puck and shoot the puck. They have arguably the 2nd or 3rd best passer in the history of the NHL (Whitney), a very underrated sniper in Vrbata, and incredible power forward in Doan. They have some skilled players sprinkled throughout their 2nd-4th lines, but overall (like us vs Canucks last year) I don't see their talent matching up against ours. I could be wrong... but that's just how I see it.

And I see that 3 other people have said the same thing as me. Sorry for sounding like a broken record.

But with that being said, remember how much of a fit we gave the Canucks? I expect them to do the same to us.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote