View Single Post
Old
04-24-2012, 12:00 PM
TrueBlue86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Now I'm wearing these Reebok 4k's:

What you can't really see is that the shoulder/chest/back piece is separate from the torso piece and connected with stretchy material. This means the upper piece moves with your shoulders and the torso piece stays flat on the body. The M-1's and some Itechs I tried would ride up and hit my cage on faceoffs, but not these ones.

It has far more coverage than the 5030's but it doesn't feel much heavier. I don't notice them at all during games. They also are not much hotter than the 5030's, nowhere near as hot as the M-1's or some Vapor shoulder pads I was using at one point. The additional padding on the belly and low back is nice for errant shots and there are big inserts on the chest and spine for extra protection.

The shoulder caps, if you compare to the 5030's, do come out a little wider, but if you compare to the M-1's (and most shoulder pads from several years ago) they are level with the neck, not coming up, so they don't have that "football player" look to them. The caps also are more contoured and not sticking out to the sides, again for a more natural look under the jersey.
i'm glad you like the 4ks, i just ordered the reebok 5ks yesterday through the mail

they look like they give ample protection and don't feel too bulky
i tried on some reebok models in stores previously

do you use reebok elbow pads? i'm thinking about getting the 7ks

i'd get reebok shin pads as well but i need the 18'' so i'll have to get a bauer model that makes them in that size, like the one80s

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote