View Single Post
Old
04-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
This Ben Bowns talk makes me think, what is the mindset of the Brit Hockey fans? Would they rather see Ben Bowns, a homegrown goalie, in their teams net or would they rather Jussi Finlandonen, born and raised in Vaanta, Finland? Or do not give a ratsass/they just want their team win? I understand not everyone is like me and would rather watch homegrown talent (I'm the same way when it comes to my QMJHL teams).
A lot of fans don't care, they just want to win and watch higher standard. Chelmsford and Romford lost a large chunk of their fanbase after dropping from the EPIHL to Division 1 because they didn't care for the lower standard, even though they went from missing the playoffs to competing for the league title. A bunch of people on THF said they would stop watching if the import levels were lowered.

Edit: It appears contradictory that more imports = more interest because the peak of hockey interest here was in BHL era back in the 80's when the highest level only had 3 or 4 imports per team, but people were spoiled by the high standard of the Super League and BNL at the turn of the century, then when those leagues collapsed the standard plummeted and people lost interest.

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 04-24-2012 at 02:02 PM.