View Single Post
Old
03-14-2006, 11:12 AM
priceperlb*

vCash: 500
Apparently it's not over.

There is a need for someone in front of the net. He creates traffic and can occupy one or sometimes both defensemen. That creates open lanes for passing and reduces the amount of pressure they can put on the puck carrier.

Firing the coach can work if there's any kind of leadership in the team. Right now there isn't. There are only about 5 guys leftover from the previous "mutiny" so maybe it has a different effect than just the loony's running the asylum, but certainly no guarantee.

The only guy of those 5 I wish could but don't look to help lead is Gagne. He doesn't put the effort out for complete shifts now and didn't before (during the "mutiny" season). I don't want to get rid of him because he's still a talented forward, but he's no leader. The good news is he knows that. Therien is out and is not a leader even when he puts forth the effort. Desjardins is Dejardins. He's the same no matter what, but again no leader. Primeau's out so that leaves Kapanen. I thought he was a leader, but maybe with Hatcher getting the C he loses some of the respect or he just isn't the leader either. Hard to say.

The problems are mental. Some of that is the injuries, some may be the personnel. The free agent acquisitions weren't very good. Savage should be better than he is, but his lack of scoring probably isn't on anyone's mind. Hatcher and Rathje were brought in to be big time contributors and they are not. They may be better than some, but they have very little impact. For their reputations, and maybe even paycheck size, I think that is on the minds of other players and has a negative effect.

Last edited by priceperlb: 03-14-2006 at 11:43 AM.