View Single Post
Old
04-24-2012, 11:03 PM
MisterT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Solid offer, but I'm gonna press my luck and ask for a little more.

We both know Toronto NEEDS to make the playoffs next year. Luongo is a lock for 30+ wins, that's a guaranteed 60 points minimum. With the remaining 52 games, i'm hoping you can squeeze 35 points to get to 95, which should get you into the playoffs. If you can't with Luongo in net, then you have bigger problems than your goaltending.

If Toronto is willing to flip 1st rounders next year. Repeat, NEXT YEAR. I would be onboard as a Canuck's fan.

Updated Proposal

To Toronto

(G) Roberto Luongo
Vancouver 2013 1st round pick

To Vancouver

(D) Luke Schenn
Toronto 2012 2nd round pick
(F) Colby Armstrong
Toronto 2013 1st round pick
Toronto does not need to make the playoffs next year as the franchise will still make money hand over fist and sell out the ACC every game.

As reported by many sources (Nick Kypreos and Damian Cox on Prime Time Sports, Elliotte Friedman on the Fan960), it appears that Luongo has agreed to waive it to go to Florida and Tampa Bay. They speculate that to move the contract, Vancouver will package Luongo and their 2012 1st for the first or those teams to offer a 2nd. The contract is horrible and every GM knows it. So sorry Canuckle fans, it will cost you to dump Bobby Lou and just hope you don't have to eat a poor contract as part of the return so you can have cap space to chase Suter.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote