Thread: Div I
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2012, 06:34 AM
EbencoyE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser matias View Post
I don't know if Walker's performance does hurt his draft potential. Remember, he was playing against guys who in some cases are twice his age, and some of them are in decent leagues. He also was one of only a few players to score against Poland, if that matters, so I wouldn't really use this tournament as a hindrence against him.
Good point about his age, but I think very few players in Div 1B, if any, play at as high of a level as Walker in the Czech Extraliga.

The top two teams, Poland and South Korea get their players from the Polish and Asian Leagues respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Are you sure of this. I meant "aiming" to qualify yes. But if they would be automatically qualified I would say they should aim to get good enough to avoid beeing the laughing-stock of the olympics...

My guess is that they have show some sort of quality before they get an automatic qualification. If the can stay in the Div 1A, it would be pretty well done by them. Perhaps that should be enough...though that's just a guess by me obviously. To stay in at least Div 1A it will take some effort by the South Koreans. They will have to spend some money on development, if they havent already.
I think it would be a shame if they weren't given an automatic berth as Japan and Italy both were. I wouldn't say they are much worse than either of those teams.

No amount of development is going to help them in only 6 years time, besides what they are already doing. As I said, their best bet to become more competitive would be to naturalize some foreigners as Italy did purely for the Olympics.

EbencoyE is offline   Reply With Quote