View Single Post
Old
04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
coladin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The city of Montreal has had more cups than that.

You're grasping at straws.

The Ottawa Senators that you watch and route for have nothing to do with the original Ottawa Senators. They moved and were disbanded.

The current franchise you watch is more the equivalent of the Atlanta Thrashers, Minnesota Wild, Winnipeg Jets, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, St. Louis Blues, and every other city that had, lost, and regained an NHL franchise.

Had the Amerks won a cup, do the Rangers gobble up credit because it was in the same arena? Or the Islanders for being in the same metropolitan area?

Ottawa Senators circa 92-2012 zero Stanley Cups. To claim otherwise is an insult to everyone's intelligence and a ridiculous display of unwarranted arrogance.

Honor the original disbanded franchise. Do not dare claim those 11 cups as your own.

Dodgers and Giants won numerous World Series. You don't see the Mets claiming property of them.

Ottawa Senators. NO Stanley Cups. Not in any era. They didn't exist until 1992. This is NOT a reformed/reinstated Ottawa Senators from the late 1800s-early 1900s. This is a completely independent franchise that happens to have stolen the name. Same with the new Jets. The real Jets reside in Glendale Arizona under the name Coyotes.
The city has celebrated Stanley Cup victories before. I already stated that this franchise has no cups, but Ottawa is on the Cup, many times. I won't insult your inetlligence but you have a problem reading. There are players in the HHOF, there are records held by players on the Ottawa Senators and as part of the NHL they won the Cup 4 times. The city has had Stanley Cup Parades, shall we just ignore that part of our city history?

You can't take away from the people of Brooklyn the championship that they won. I'll just ignore the banners that hang from the rafters. The name of the city on the Cup.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote