View Single Post
Old
04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
No doubt, but there are far less brawls today then back then. Which would make it less violent. I'm not talking about the shape that the players are in, I'm talking about the actual on ice violence, fighting, brawls and such. There is far less of it now then back then. I think a big problem is that people have gone soft and every idiot with a blog and a twitter account is somehow an expert on this stuff now and has completely forgotten what the sport was. Don Cherry hit the nail on the head the other night about this stuff. He said the reporters hate it for some reason, yet when a fight breaks out the entire crowd is on their feet. The player like it, the fans like, the league likes but for some odd reason the reporters don't like it?
Well, they have to act like they are above it all, superior to us fans so to speak...it really is getting tiresome...especially the ridiculous take that KPD has on it all. Just stop, if you don't like the game, then go cover something else...you don't know your arse from your elbow when it comes to hockey anyway. That's my two cents.