View Single Post
Old
04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I have a strong feeling he is TB's main target, but I don't believe he falls to #10.

They will be trying to trade up to 7th or so using one of those 2nd rounders they acquired to get ahead of division rivals CAR and WPG.

They really need a dynamic offensive talent from the blueline who can run a PP, their PP was a big weakness this year. Hedman-Aulie-Gudas will take care of their zone.
I'm pretty certain for a fact that he would be scooped up by Tampa Bay at 10th, I would bet money on it. I said in another thread that Tampa's head scout Al Murray is from Regina and Morgan played and absolutely dominated at Notre Dame in Wilcox, SK which is less than an hour away. I know for a fact he's been on his radar for a very long time. He's been playing great in this series considering he hasn't played in six months basically, his skating is just beautiful to watch. Love his instincts and head for the game.

I think there's a better chance that Dumba falls though. I think Reinhart will go high just because scouts so highly covet size but it's hard to say which scouting staff values it more. Minnesota seems like a decent bet for Rielly because he'd pair so nicely with Brodin, but Brodin is rail thin and the just drafted Granlund who is undersized as well so they may be looking to add size now with Reinhart. I think we know almost for certain Dumba nor Reilly will go to Carolina after drafting Murphy, probably Faska as Rutherford is an OHL guy. Grigorenko could also go free falling by draft time, I'd rather be drafting in the top 9 to get a sure shot of drafting one of the premier defensemen but Tampa drafted three Russians last year so I don't think they would be too scared of taking Grigorenko. Mock drafts are usually an exercise in futility because there's always a player that throws a wrench into everything.

Last edited by puckfan13: 04-25-2012 at 11:42 AM.