View Single Post
Old
04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne (if he stays for another season), Ryan, Etem, Palmieri, Holland...scoring is not going to be a huge problem for them.

Meanwhile...Visnovsky (36 years old), Sbisa, Fowler, Lydman, Beauchemin, Brookbank...not very strong defensively, and with Visnovsky being the age that he is, not particularly deep, either. And if they lose Schultz, they have very little in the way of defensemen coming up. A below average group of defensemen in the NHL, IMO.

I know they played better down the stretch last season, but the West isn't going to be any easier next season, and I expect Dallas and Colorado are going to only get better next year, even if SJ ends up retooling and taking a step back.

Only Edmonton, Minnesota, Columbus, and maybe Dallas and Calgary have a lesser group of blueliners in the West than the Ducks do. I think the Ducks actually have a lot in common with the Oilers. Some of that forward talent is going to have to be swapped for some help defensively.
The difference between Edmonton and Anaheim is that Anaheim's major players are going to be UFA's in 1 year. That could be a potentially MASSIVE blow to that organization if they don't re-sign them or get a major haul in return.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote