View Single Post
Old
04-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

vCash: 500
I've decided that I'm actually grieving the loss of the Canucks as an opponent. I have never hated a team as much as I hate them, and have been craving another series against them since two years ago. I had never expected us to make such easy work of them and eliminate them this quickly though. I'm sorry St. Louis, I'm sure your team is lovely and that I'll enjoy the hell out of every victory we have against you, but I don't see it ever being as pure and sweet as it was against Vancouver.

I mean, they were so happy to host us that they put on a circus for us in game 1, complete with impressive dives and cartwheels across the middle of the ice with pinwheeling sticks and everything. I don't see any other team putting that much effort into making sure we are entertained while visiting their city, and they were even polite enough to "let" us win both of those first games, in their house.

I'm not sure the next series can be as epic. It's not every day you get the chance to play against back to back president trophy winners. We were honestly lucky to share the ice with them, and that the refs were all secret Kings fans and the only reason for any LA victory.

The end of this series is like a break up. It will take some time for me to heal and realize the Canucks will no longer be a part of my life.

I think they feel the same way. Did you see the way Hamhuis didn't want to let Lewis' stick go in the last final seconds?

RIP 11-12 Canucks. You will be dearly missed.

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote