View Single Post
Old
04-25-2012, 06:23 PM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
The Korean national team was barely staying in Div II less than a decade ago, comparable to the likes of China and North Korea. Now we are comparing them to Japan and Italy - what more proof exactly do you want?
I can compare Korea to Canada just as well. Does that somehow their National team even better? And the only reason that these three countries somehow appeared in the same sentence at all, is because all three got rights to host Olympics.

Though I agree Korea is slowly getting better, they would still be massacred by every Olympic team from the previous tournament. Other nations have too much reserves when it comes to best on best tournaments, it's almost unfair. Even teams that they managed to beat missed several of their best players due to their respective team commitments when Korea used all resources they had at their disposal.

And another thing people are forgetting is the size of Korean players, most of the best hockey playing nations can ice bigger U18 rosters than last Korean WC roster. Just look at those goalies for example.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=4466

In order to be somewhat competative they would need to naturalize a whole roster of players just like Italy did, but Asian league doesn't attract the foreigners Italian league does. It doesn't look well at all.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote