Old
04-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Namejs
The Buffalo Eichels

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
THIS

It would be epic to have a danish Stanley Cup winner, and the chance to see the trophy in Denmark. That or qualification to the olympics
By the way, this is the year when the OG qualification groups are decided, so this year's World Champs are really important for teams ranked 7th to 14th in the IIHF rating.

If Switzerland, Germany or Norway flops, there's a chance to sneak into the top 9, where each team gets an automatic entry.

If they don't flop, it's still important to have a good result, because the 10th and 11th-ranked teams have a distinct advantage in the seeding (having to play against Italy/Kazakhstan and the like), while the 12th/13th-ranked teams will have to play against each other (most likely candidates are Belarus/Denmark/Latvia) and against Slovenia + the strongest of the pre-qualification winners (Hungary, instead of Japan/Poland and the like).

And I must say, I wouldn't like to play in a group together with Denmark, Slovenia and Hungary.

Of course, not because we wouldn't win it, but because I'd like to see you guys in the OGs for once.

Namejs is offline   Reply With Quote