Old
04-25-2012, 11:21 PM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I guarantee you Gillis did not ask Roberto to waive. Luongo has been treated like **** by some fans and I'm happy for him he's finally going to a place that will hopefully appreciate him more than Vancouver did.

You might not like it or accept it, but it's the truth. Luongo has been treated like **** by the fans.
You post this calling out Vancouver fans? Oh boy. You're a peach. I really like Luongo and while I do think he's been given the gears a bit more than necessary, your post is such an overreaction.

The Canucks faithful (har har), have given Luongo unconditional support for the vast majority of his tenure with the team. He's been booed maybe a couple of times in six seasons. The fact you think this is running him out of town is a freaking joke.

The biggest culprits for sandbagging Luongo have been the media, and most of that was generated during the finals against the Bruins, with some earlier stuff held over from his time as the team Captain. Apparently that rubbed some media types the wrong way.