View Single Post
Old
04-25-2012, 11:37 PM
fools russian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
You post this calling out Vancouver fans? Oh boy. You're a peach. I really like Luongo and while I do think he's been given the gears a bit more than necessary, your post is such an overreaction.

The Canucks faithful (har har), have given Luongo unconditional support for the vast majority of his tenure with the team. He's been booed maybe a couple of times in six seasons. The fact you think this is running him out of town is a freaking joke.

The biggest culprits for sandbagging Luongo have been the media, and most of that was generated during the finals against the Bruins, with some earlier stuff held over from his time as the team Captain. Apparently that rubbed some media types the wrong way.
I sort of agree with you, but remember, Rogers Arena cheered when he was pulled during the finals, at at least once this year when he was pulled against Anaheim.

All in all this makes me sad. Luongo is the best goaltender this team has ever had. Despite his struggles, he's always been a stand-up guy and a team player. If he leaves, I'll definitely follow him and hope he has success wherever he goes.