View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 12:18 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
Why do people think the Luongo trade will be huge (in terms of NHL big name players)

It will most definitely be for low level prospects and low draft picks
you don't get value back when you give up that big contract
(exception scott gomez)

the only NHL player that would be going back would be one with a huge salary that the canucks probably wouldn't want anyway
I think you have zelous fans aiming high

on one hand you have Luongo who is a god netminder

On the other hand Luongo is 33 with a hefty price tag. He has played a lot of games in the last 11 years and could start showing the signs that all the games have worn him down.
And there is that contract--I predict he retired in 4 years--(he will be 37) so that is not too hard to swollow. The wild card is the new CBA.

You will have a war of words between the vancouver fans who believe that they could get say the number 5 pick, scheen and Kadri for Luongo and those, like me, who think that it will be a surprise team that gets Luongo and the pick they get is not a lotto pick and prospects they get wont be top draw. I got this stranige feeling detroit will jump into the picture