vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namejs View Post
I wouldn't be so pessimistic in your place, you just have to either:
a) finish just 1 place higher than Norway
OR
b) finish 3 places higher than Germany;
OR
c) finish 3 spots higher than Switzerland.

So to me it sounds like most likely you will end up in the top 9. Especially considering that Norway and Germany can't (most likely) *both* get a spot in the QFs. Plus, the Norwegians/Germans will have to face a Danish dream team, instead of France. And the mighty Latvians ofc. So, all in all, they have no chances of advancing.
Have you seen the team play recently? If yes, you would know that option A is the only one that we have any chance of achieving baring a miracle. I donīt know whether people have noticed but in the last few years we have hardly ever managed to finish ahead of either Switzerland or Germany, yet alone 3 positiions higher than either of them. And thereīs nothing about this team so far that suggest it should end up otherwise this season.

2008 We finished 13th, while Germany was 10th and Switzerland 7th
2009 We finished 10th, Switzerland 9th and Germany 15th, but I doubt Germany will suck this much at the WC this year
2010 We finished 12th, while Switzerland was 5th and Germany 4th
2011 We finished 10th, while Switzerland was 9th and Germany 7th

So, yeah, it would be a miracle if managed to finish 3 spots ahead of either Germany or Switzerland, especially with the team we have...